A few weeks ago, I did a couple of killer glute workouts that made me so sore I could hardly walk for over a week. I originally intended to keep doing these routines three times weekly because my glutes are severely undertrained and even more importantly, I would like to actually fill up the bottoms of my new bathing suit. However, my schedule got a little messed up when I had to go to Traverse City and work for a week, and last week I was too busy getting ready to move and I ended up doing most of my lifting with Eric (who doesn’t exactly have glutes on the top of his priority list).
Now that I’m finally settling into a regular gym routine again, I decided it’s time to start working on that booty again. This morning I warmed up with a one mile jog on the treadmill and then completed this glute and hamstring routine:
I finished off with a 10 minute cool-down on the elliptical. As expected, my legs and butt were pretty wobbly as I was walking out of the gym so I am fully prepared to wake up tomorrow in severe pain ;)
Even though just last week I mentioned how sick of egg bagelwiches I was, this morning I was already craving them again. Therefore, it was return of the egg bagelwich for breakfast!
Guess I just can’t stay away from them :)
Triple Tangent Tuesday
Well I’m off doing the work thing now, so I thought I’d leave you with a round of Triple Tangent Tuesday. It’s always a good time to learn some more random facts about yours truly :)
1. I really don’t like vegetables. With the exception of salads (which usually have no vegetables on them other than the lettuce or spinach itself), I pretty much have to choke them down. Broccoli, green beans and occasionally asparagus are some of the few that I can manage to get down without gagging too much, but usually I have to dip them in ketchup to hide the taste. The only reason I eat veggies at all is because they’re good for me and blah blah blah.
(Please note the large blobs of nasty-vegetable-flavor-disguising ketchup.)
2. I am starting to think that I may qualify to be on Hoarders. Like for serious, I take the title of “pack rat” to a new extreme. As you all know, I’ve been busy cleaning out my room at my parents’ house for the last couple days. Well, yesterday I found something that even I couldn’t believe that I kept: my wisdom teeth. Yes, you read that correctly. I found my actual teeth that were yanked out of my own mouth back in high school, sealed up in a plastic bag and stuffed in a drawer.
I hope I don’t lose any followers after this.
3. I’m really bad at finishing books. For some reason I always get really excited to start them, but then after only a few chapters I get distracted and either stop reading or start another book, where the cycle repeats itself. For example, I bought and started this book at the beginning of April:
But I’m also reading this one:
As well as a couple of other books that I don’t have pictures of. I also started the sixth Harry Potter book and the third Twilight book well over a year ago and never finished either of those. Why can’t I just read one at a time and actually finish it in a timely fashion (or at all, for that matter)?
- Feet, band and Ashley's crushed ear
- Driving, grocery shopping and parrots
- Clumsy, pharm school notes and piercings
- Fast food, dollar jar and hyperhidrosis
- Gum, alcohol photos and food fights
Are you like me with your reading habits, or do you only read one book at a time?