I probably say this to myself every single night and have yet to follow through with it, but I am seriously going to bed early tonight. Like, before 10:00. I have been up until 11 or 11:30 every night this week and have been struggling to make it through the day without falling asleep. I always plan on getting into bed at a decent hour, but then I caught up blogging, reading, Skyping, blog-stalking, and doing Lord only knows what else and that whole early-to-bed thing never happens. In fact, my eyes are drooping right now as I type this and I’m really not thinking clearly enough to write a decent, logical post so the rest of it probably won’t make much sense.
First, I wanted to address something about the No Sweets Challenge. I am totally excited that so many of you are joining me in it; after all, misery loves company . However, I have had a number of people ask me ask me what qualifies as a “sweet.” Here is my response to that: The goal of this “challenge” is to try to cut out a temptation in my life that I feel is personally holding me back from reaching my weight loss goals. I developed a not-so-great habit of eating too much dessert almost every single day, and I’m trying to change that. I know that a major sweet tooth is something that many people struggle with and yummy treats are one of the hardest things to pass up when you’re trying to watch your weight.
That being said, “sweets” to me include everything that I would consider dessert, such as ice cream, cookies, cake, candy, etc. However, if there is something else that you eat or drink on a regular basis and would like to cut back on it, then by all means, do it! I know at least one person told me they are giving up chips, and I think that’s great if chips are a weakness for you. Chips are not something that I eat frequently, but I know for a fact that there are some people who don’t even really like sweets
(those crazy freaks).
So, the point of all of this rambling is that it’s really up to you what you want to give up or cut back on. This challenge is about helping each other reach our goals, and that’s what’s important!
Alright, now let’s finish up this post with some random thoughts from the mind of Berg.
1. Today, my mom came home from the store with the largest zucchini I have ever seen in my life.
I wouldn’t even know what to do with this. We’ll see what she comes up with.
2. Our new toaster has an alarm, and I just find that so odd and futuristic. It beeps three times very loudly right before your toast is done. Am I the only one who finds this weird?
3. On Sunday my mom made a cashew chicken stir-fry for dinner that was amazing but didn’t make the blog because I was busy working on my project. However, it was so tasty that I just couldn’t not post a picture.
4. I love it when my friends or family text me pictures of their food (it happens more often than you think). I especially love it when the pictures come with descriptions, like the one I got from Eric tonight.
The text message read: “If you were here tonight, you would have enjoyed tilapia tacos with baby spinach, light sour cream, and just a pinch of Monterey cheese.”
Geez, sounds a lot better than the bowl of granola I had.
5. My cat is the cutest creature on the face of this Earth and I almost didn’t blog because I didn’t want to make her move.
I told you this post probably wouldn’t make much sense.
Have a good night .