Another week, another recap!
Let’s get right down to business with the weigh-in.
Last week: 187.0
This week: 185.5
Total loss: –2.5 pounds
Whoo hoo for a loss! Still annoyed at the difference between scales, but I’ll try not to complain about it again, haha. Either way, a loss is a loss!
Notes from the week:
- I definitely over-indulged in the sweets department this week. On Sunday, Eric and I treated ourselves to milk shakes from Steak ‘N Shake after church; and then while I was at Cedar Point I had another Oreo shake at the park AND Cold Stone after dinner that night. I really need to reduce my treats consumption to once a week, and I would like to save that for fun occasions, such as on the weekends when Eric is visiting or vice versa.
- I hardly counted calories all week. It’s difficult to do when I’m gone and not eating my normal foods, and it’s really hard to figure out calories when someone else is cooking for me. This week I’m going to try to be much better about that!
- Even though I was on vacation for nearly a week, I still managed to get in a lot of quality workouts! While I was in Lansing, Eric and I hit the gym almost every day and we got in a couple of great lifting sessions (still sore, btw), a 5K run, and a couple of swims. I didn’t work out while I was at Cedar Point, but I did spend the entire day walking around the park. That’s gotta count for something, right?!
- I absolutely love swimming! Jumping in the pool this week really motivated me to get serious about this triathlon training. I have a lot to work on, but writing a training plan for myself is on this week’s agenda. I’ll be sure to post it when I’m done!
- Running is still hard. So hard. And it’s not getting any easier. Someone tell me there is a light at the end of the tunnel…
Healthy Fast Food Options
This week I wanted to talk about healthy fast food options, or other road trip foods, that you guys particularly like or recommend. I am definitely NOT a fan of fast food, but it is so hard to find something healthy to eat when you’re on the road and don’t have your own food with you. Since I’ve been doing so much travelling lately, I’ve run into this problem a lot and as much as I love Subway, I’m not always in the mood for a sandwich (and let’s be real – their salads are pretty lame). Here are some of my go-to places and meal choices if I’m starving on the road and fast food is the only realistic option.
This is an obvious choice, just ask Jared! I love how customizable everything is and I think it’s a great option for either breakfast, lunch or dinner. My current favorite sandwich is sliced chicken, pepper jack cheese, veggies, and Southwest chipotle sauce on flatbread (~470 calories).
I haven’t been to Wendy’s in a long time, but I LOVE their salads, specifically their Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (460 calories without dressing). I also love the berry chicken salad that they have in the summer – it always tastes so fresh! However, salads are hard to eat while driving so I typically only get them if I’m a passenger or if I actually go inside and sit down to eat.
Another favorite of mine at Wendy’s is their Ultimate Grilled Chicken sandwich (360 calories). It’s been a long time since I’ve ordered one of those!
I am really not a fan of McDonald’s, but I do love their oatmeal!
Unfortunately, it’s loaded with sugar and is really not very healthy. It’s more like a treat than a healthy breakfast for me, but at 290 calories I could definitely do worse. If oatmeal’s not your thing, the Egg McMuffins are just ten additional calories.
Another source of tasty oatmeal!
I got this one day on rotation last month when I was running late and didn’t have time to make breakfast and I loved it! It’s only 140 calories without the toppings, but I just can’t eat oatmeal plain *gag*. I usually add all of the toppings that it comes with (brown sugar, dried fruit, nuts) and that brings the total up to 390 calories – right within my target range for breakfast.
Well, that’s about it for fast food for me! It’s not a very long list because like I said, I really just don’t eat it very often. Unless I’m ordering something like one of the options above, nothing ever sounds good and I feel yucky afterwards so I don’t bother. Sometimes I prefer to just munch on a protein bar and a piece of fruit (that’s what I had for breakfast yesterday when I left Sandusky), but that usually doesn’t keep me full for very long.
How often do you eat fast food? What are your favorite healthy options? Any tips or recommendations?
Previous weight loss recaps: